Friday, September 6, 2013

September 6, 2013

It is 9:13 am Friday morning, about a half an hour before I officially have my first class, though I met my first class in homeroom a half an hour ago. They seem very cute! I did happen to mention that we will be going digital this year and they seemed really excited!
Last night I had the normal “day before the first” restless sleep. I don’t think I fell asleep deeply until midnight, or later. I can never shut my mind off and I’m constantly thinking about stuff that I could do or change. I wish I was normal and could just go to sleep but I can’t seem to do it! I’m excited and not terrified this year though. Normally, there’s a small terror about meeting the students, or maybe it’s just when I know they’ll be difficult classes. This year I’m just excited. Year ten and I’m excited. I hope for all the years I am, though it may be the Chromebooks that really make me excited, but even then, who knows?
My worry is the amount of planning it might take but I think I have to stick with what I know. I have to remember to add new stuff in gradually, not all at once. So Tuesday and Wednesday will be simply be having them get into the Chromebooks and take the “survey” aka class policies. We shall see how it goes that day. I think I need to stress the importance of close the book, open it- that type of thing. Classroom management is going to be important.
I did make signs last night with a few of the important short cuts we need that I’m going to go and blow up right now actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment